Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Han

Everyone likes Vin Diesel, he made the first one pop.  The two main sexy female characters Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez also added a little eye candy to the movie.  Along with the action and of course the modified cars like the blacked out 1995 Honda Civics (the first car closely associated to my life was a red 1995 Honda Civic), RX-7 mod and the 1970 Charger (I like the classic version better than the 2006-2011 model, I almost bought one).  The Fast and the Furious (2001, first one)  is about the clan of rebels doing what the title states, living, fast and furious because who wants to be held down on a nine to six job?  In order to facilitate their lifestyle of modified cars, which a small kit can be thousands of dollars, they have to think beyond a normal job.  In the end, Brian O'Conner, the undercover officer assigned to catch the rebel clan has to make a choice on being law abiding or go with his better judgment of being honorable to the rebel lifestyle.

2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) was a little more about upgrading and hot flashing the modified cars, it included the Camaro (Yenko Edition), the pinked out 2001 Honda S2000 and of course the ejector seat (my favorite) Challenger.  The first and second, both, has adrenaline but I think Tyrese gave it a "fuck all, give me mine" attitude.  This one, also had a little on viewing one's character and a touch on loyalty and honor, sort of like the first, just a change in the plot.

I can't say The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) was my favorite but I liked it a bit more because it separated itself from the others a little, maybe because the Japanese are a unique breed.  I also did sort of drift once with a Toyota Echo.  I had a two door Toyota Echo that was very fuel economical.  It was so small that I once drove down a strip of road to make the green light at about 40 miles an hour to break properly in time to steer a nice left turn.  I think proper drifting involves a good steering and breaking technique.  The speed, distance and how many drifts in your repertoire depends on the size of your car and how well you maneuver the aspects of movement.  Physics say's something about v=d/t with some weight in it, lol.

DK does not stand for Donkey Kong.  The movie focuses on the student's love for drifters, they admire this nephew of a Yakuza boss.  He is the Drift King.  His partner Han does not really care too much about being named top drifter, in the movie he explains why.  Han is after girls, the glamour, nice cars, he likes the money but above all...

"Sean:  Why'd you let me race with your car?
 You knew I was gonna wreck it
 
Han:  Why not?
 
Sean:  Cause it's a lot of money
 
Han:  I have money
It's trust and character I need around me.
You know, who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are
And one car in exchange for knowing what a man's made of,
that's a price I can live with

Look at all those people down there
They follow the rules, for what?
They're letting fear lead them

Sean:  What happens if they don't?

Han:  Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back"

Sometimes you have to light the fire with gasoline soaked matches.


I haven't seen the fourth yet: Fast and Furious (2009).  Maybe tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment