Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

1980s Cartoons

I was watching the most popular of cartoons from the 1980s:  G.I. Joe and Transformers on television as I got up for a glass of water for the past several nights.  I watched them on weekends when they aired as a young kid.  The last one I watched was in theatres: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), before that in 2006 when my friend loaded into the DVD player The Transformers: The Movie (1986) and of course Transformers (2007).  They are great for the imagination and introduction to warfare.  Those cartoons are so straight forward, the bad guy trying to destroy something or has a plot to gain something and the good guys trying to stop them.

It's straight forward, I am a straight forward guy, it's that in the course of life, I learnt to see the snakes ahead of time and change the course of my foot steps and not be as straight forward.  In representing that same concept it's a little harder to see the enemy and where to draw the line on who the good guy is and what a bad guy is.  You can be the bad guy and your enemy can be the bad guy, your enemy may go home and be a family man, a good guy, as yourself.  Good men being the bad guys because of some differences.

I'm comparing the simple cartoon retrospective to real life, in that bad and good are not so easily laid out in real life and in the cartoons you have a simple analogy with some cool concepts and drawings written in and that is the first introduction of life's issues to a kid, to some it sticks into adulthood.

I read somewhere that no matter how much good you do in an entire life span, one simple mistake on the lineage of good can tarnish an entire career of being good.  The bad always outshines the good.  And for that impeding concept, it can change the course and then the label of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment