Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Flixbus Review

What a shitty company when it comes to customer service and providing resolution to problems.

I've trekked across several countries in Europe by car, train and bus.

Taking the bus is one of the cheapest methods of going from one country to another in Europe. If you can put up with sitting there for long periods of time. I have purchased and road on Flixbus buses three times in the past.

The positive side of most of Flixbus is it's cheap and it gets you where you need to go. It's warm inside the bus. Moderately spacious, not cramped. There's a slide up food tray. The bathroom is functional. The Wifi didn't work well. The power outlets works fine. The luggage seems managed fine, even on stops of boarding during long trips (I don't know how the bus driver managed all that).

There have been no problems in the past but this most recent booking was a small nightmare. The type of nightmare you get when you a certain type of food and forgot to brush your teeth before sleeping.

I booked the ticket in the United States a week ahead and the last several rides had no problems. On that day I was at the bus station waiting with everyone else. I have been at this station before. I am here 35 minutes ahead of the "arrive 15 minutes before departure" time. I spoke to a little guy wearing glasses who spoke little English (each big city Flixbus station has an attendant...so far that I've been to) about my booking on the app and printed paper. He says "wait here". Done. I stroll about the area a few feet but not too far. I never left the station platform. So, it's half an hour later and I have been checking the front of each bus for a sign indicating for my trip to Hamburg. None. It's now departure time and I speak to that little guy wearing and he says wait. I just assume the bus is late. 15 minutes and I ask for a third time. He now says "he called, it go". Meaning the bus already left. This is bullshit. I am now upset and a little distraught. One, it is now an onset that I missed my trip to Hamburg. Two, will I get my money back? Three, I am stranded in the little German city I am currently in. It's cold and I did not make a booking for a night(s) stay here. I had booked a stay in Hamburg that night...Thereafter...Four, I was lucky enough to get a few nights booking, I paid for, in the same place I slept in the night before, lucky they accommodated me because in this cold, a night outside is death-rimental. Five, I did not get to go to Hamburg and it ruined all the places I meant to visit after; basically like a domino effect it screwed up my trip schedule and all the plans I paid for ahead of time.

What did I do after the little guy wearing glasses who spoke little English (as a Flixbus attendant) screwed up? I went to their little booth. Not all or any stations have them but this one did. It's like a little shed, like a little newspaper stand. I spoke to this German guy after waiting on a slow attending line. I was told first I had to re-book with a paid ticket, he can't reschedule another bus. He then said call customer service, he will not do it. Kicked me out of the booth, into the cold after waiting on the long line, nothing more. My phone can't call European numbers. Back in a warm place where I could use my laptop I sent them an email and 2 days later, no response. Can't get a refund via their automated rescheduling website because it is a -past booking- I cancel all my thereafter Hamburg trips and I get a voucher minus a dollar for the trips I paid for for my next booking with Flixbus.

I am livid.

I will never use Flixbus again. Even if I do not get my money back which is not a big deal. I'm going to try and issue a chargeback. I have never issued a chargeback before on anything, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment