Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Matrix

Ultimately we are a slave to a system no matter how wealthy or how we try to avert the systems that have been created.  The popular movies like The Matrix series gave thought into the possibility of technology on a different realm and even a bit of religion: with the Force being an old religion in Star Wars and Neo having special exceptions then bringing about the finale with Zion.  In the movie The Architect said that the Matrix was destroyed and recreated several times over, my interpretation in that in every era a Morpheus or a Neo will come along and rebel against the system only to create a bit of change then die out and the same old system of control will recreate itself in one form or another because that is nature, human nature is to evolve from it; I am not a Neo but I am definitely a supporter.  I will rebel, defy and question against any stupid system even if I am not Neo enough to fix it.  But they are just that, movies, but it evaluates philosophies of evolution.  It is why they have so much fan attraction.  I am a fan.  I was watching a few commercials on television. With all these Wii products and the adaptation or mimicking to your competitors design: the Sony Playstation Move has a motion sensor design from a wand to move the graphics on the screen, I compared it to a comment I had about certain people around me playing games.  My comment was that in the year 2111, our greatest achievement will be that of a high score in a game.  It is in my mind, slightly, that I view and this is a recreation or recapping from another blog I wrote previously about that some people’s lives are a waste, a notion that was pointed out in The Matrix by Agent Smith, we are like viruses:  "I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what is is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."  It can be true or we just evolve very slowly, not upwards but in a diagonally sideways like pattern.  I like to call it a little bit of enlightenment.  Without restrictions, we as people could achieve so much more, but without restrictions there would be chaos beyond human rationalization.  One part of our lives is a hedonistic pursuit of things self deemed worthy, even if by those who create charities is a selfish intent to do good (Look at this joke of a charity water sold at Starbucks: Ethos; they sell it for about two dollars and only donate five cents).  Edison's one percent genius takes understanding, realization and lots of needed work put in by the other ninety-nine percent, but within the ninety-nine percent is much selfishness and greed which breaks teamwork.  Or am I contradicting myself?  Because who would put in work in teamwork if they had nothing to gain from it, maybe my suppressed former idealist side.  Imagine the changes it takes for my nurture to undergo from participating in feeding the homeless by lugging around a duffle bag of health aide and food, as well as volunteering time with kids who do not have parents or whose parents are incarcerated to me working all day and being hedonistic.

(Shortened Version) 

That man destroy life is just as miraculous a feat as that he can create it, for life is the miracle, the inexplicable. In the act of destruction, man sets himself above life; he transcends himself as a creature. Thus, is to create or to destroy, to love or to hate. -Erich Fromm

No comments:

Post a Comment